HAPPY NEW YEARS!
It’s that time of the year that millions of people make billions of resolutions, and by weeks end, only a small fraction of a percent of them are still being upheld. I do the same thing every year as well, and a week would be about all I could do, but this year I’ve come up with a system that will hopefully get me beyond the first week, and hopefully will get me through the year.
I’ve decided to make my goals, all of them, public!
In this post, I’ll go into detail of all sixteen of these goals, but you can get the general feel and follow my progress on my 2016 Goals page. I’ve divided these goals into 5 different categories; Financial, Health, Hobby, Lifestyle, and Web.
- I’ve always “invested” a minimal amount for retirement, but other than putting it aside in a tax sheltered account, I did invest any of it. So the goal is to invest the money there and to add 10% of my income to it which would be a hefty increase compared to what I was putting before which was about 1% of my income.
- In 2015, I did a real good job of reducing my debt, and 2016 is the year it should all be gone.
- When my first son was born in early 2012, I pretty much stopped doing most of my online web work, and this year I’m ready to dive back in. I still generated quite a bit of passive income, so my goal is to triple my 2015 online income this year.
- A lot money can be save in cutting recurring costs from monthly bills or payments. There are some I can cut completely this year, and others I can cut, overall I’d like to reduce those monthly payments by 20%.
- Drinking water is something I’ve always wanted to do more of, they say 8 cups a day is the right amount, so I’m aiming to reach 732 liters for the year which averages out to eights cups per day.
- One resolution that comes back every year is to cut fast food, and I’ve done some good stretches here and there, but lets aim for 366 days in a row.
- The main goal, which I’m hoping the first two along with some exercise will help me achieve this year is to get to 200 LBS, I’m sitting at 260 right now, so five pounds a month should do it, sounds easier than it is!
- Probably the hardest one for me is this one, cutting caffeine, which means cutting out two of my weaknesses, Tim Horton’s Ice Caps and Coca-Cola.
- In 2015, my personal hockey card collection took a hit because I made a decision to cut a lot of the cards that I wasn’t too interested in, which allowed me to pay off a lot of debt. Now my collecting is focused and I have around 2600 different Team Canada cards well organized and catalogued, my goal is to add 400 to surpass 3000 different ones.
- Now that my collection is organized, it’s time to scan all the cards to showcase them on my hobby website, Team Canada Collector.
- One thing that I noticed, is I was much more productive on the days I made the bed than the days I didn’t. I’ve also noticed that a lot of websites are suggesting that as a good thing to do every day, so that’s one of my goals.
- It may seem counterproductive, but this year I want to sleep more. Worker smarter, not harder, I’m at my smartest when I’m well rested, so my goal is to average 8 hours of sleep a night.
- Working over 10 years in call centers, makes using the phone an unpleasant thing, even when it’s to speak to friends or family. Now that I’m not in a call center anymore, it’s time to fx that. I’m aiming at 3000 phone calls this year, which includes all calls I make in a day for personal or business reasons.
- In another post, I challenged myself to get back up to 24 domains, so by the end of this year I should have 24 up and running websites.
- Throughout those websites I want to post 4000 times this year, this number seems high but it includes blog posts, pictures, quotes, videos, etc.
- Pageviews aren’t as important as they once were, but I would still like to double my 2015 numbers, since I hadn’t put much work into it for the past 4 years, I don’t see why I couldn’t do this with all the effort and time I plan on putting in on my web work in 2016.
So those are my goals / resolutions for this year. All these goals are challenging, but very achievable, so stay tuned and see how I do! Feel free to share yours, and we can encourage each other!